February 19, 2007

2007 Ornament Plan

My plan for this year is to get at least one holiday ornament done a month to decorate the tree I use for the daycare during the holiday season...The first two I have done are Just Nan's. They are fairly small and are stitched on 28ct Enchanted Fabrics Dragon Mist Opalescent Lugana using DMC flosses..
Snow Bonnets

Snow Faces

I plan to finish out the ornaments by October with fabric backing and fiberfill, with ribbons for the hangers..

I also have a 7 foot silk tree that is where the holiday tree goes, that is there the rest of the year. I plan to decorate this tree for seasons or holidays. I want to make the really cute flip flop designs from the Cricket Collection called Always Summer I, II, III. These are approximately 2 1/2 x 4 size flip flops that are cross stitched and then mounted on craft foam (for the soles) and hung by a ribbon. They have cute designs and buttons holding the strap at the center. That will be my summer designs. Then I will also try to find Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc designs to put up along with lights for each season. The kids love that stuff.. I would also like to finish at least one of these each month starting in March..

1 comment:

NHStitcher said...

VERY pretty, I love it, you did a great job!